CYUL ATIS

Rob Nabieszko

• VATCAN Staff
    • View Profile
CYUL ATIS
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:45:38 AM »
Having just reinstalled EuroScope on my new computer, I am unable to get the ATIS to work.

The ATIS files are not available in the current sector file and you have to go back to AIRAC 1910 to find some. However, the ATIS files also do not match the language being returned by the ATIS Maker URL.

Do we have another repository of ATIS files or a new maker URL available?

I can't find any guidance.

Merci.
Rob Nabieszko | VATCAN3
Director of Training, VATCAN
rnczyzcontrol@gmail.com

Yanick Coulombe

• CZUL Staff
    • View Profile
    • FIR de Montréal
Re: CYUL ATIS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 11:53:56 PM »
Hi Rob,
If you are talking about the message saying "no file to play item", you can just ignore that all together. The voice is not generated by Euroscope anymore and for me it still works and I can hear the voice ATIS when I listen to the freq on AFV. The message are certainly annoying and we will fix it in a future update soon I hope.
If the issue is something else let me know.
Yanick
Yanick Coulombe (965064)
Chief - FIR de Montréal
y.coulombe@vatcan.ca
fly.czulfir.com

Mark Walsh

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:02:20 PM »
Having just reinstalled EuroScope on my new computer, I am unable to get the ATIS to work.

The ATIS files are not available in the current sector file and you have to go back to AIRAC 1910 to find some. However, the ATIS files also do not match the language being returned by the ATIS Maker URL.

Merci.

The canscope.exe from 2016 contains them.  I have them as well if you still need them.

Mark

Yanick Coulombe

• CZUL Staff
    • View Profile
    • FIR de Montréal
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 07:10:09 PM »

Merci.

The canscope.exe from 2016 contains them.  I have them as well if you still need them.

Mark

I might be wrong but I don't think they would work. Even in 2018, CZUL Atis contained more words than the default uniatis and we had other files for them.
Yanick Coulombe (965064)
Chief - FIR de Montréal
y.coulombe@vatcan.ca
fly.czulfir.com

Mark Walsh

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 07:29:36 AM »

Merci.

Mark

I might be wrong but I don't think they would work. Even in 2018, CZUL Atis contained more words than the default uniatis and we had other files for them.

And that's very likely.  I had created them back in 2016 and actually contained more substantial words than the ones published in 2012, but still some were missing, in particular for other airports outside of CZQM.

But if at least ATIS_CANADA.TXT file is in place, even may not need the .wav files, I suspect it will take care of the error.

Mark