Moncton Compliments from Reddit

Jay Lawrence

• Members
    • View Profile
Moncton Compliments from Reddit
« on: September 08, 2020, 09:35:37 AM »
Hello:

Wanted to share these Moncton Monday comments I just came across on Reddit. (I know not everyone is a redditor).

VATSIM Canada's Moncton Mondays: Newbie Friendly!
submitted 10 hours ago by MadCard05: https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/iombsb/vatsim_canadas_moncton_mondays_newbie_friendly/

I know there are a lot of people on here like me, who really struggle with getting onto VATSIM with the nerves of communicating on the radio and not screwing it all up.

While nothing will take the place of proper preparation (knowing your airplane, and having a general idea of what to expect and writing things down), it always helps to have a very friendly and helpful control staff at your departure and destinations. After flying into Halifax International twice for Moncton Monday, I can't approve enough of how helpful they are. I never felt like I was being fussed at, and they never disparaged me for needing a readback, or having to get vectored back to TETAR after not making the initial 3,000ft altitude on approach. They were just there to help the entire time, and only encouraging.

Also a big shout out to the guys who work KDTW, they've all been a pleasure, and Cleveland Center has been excellent as well.

That live ATC element has totally changed how I fly my sims, and just added that extra element of fun to the whole experience. Getting on and just trying a flight, and having that great experience with controllers has completely changed my anxiety about jumping on VATSIM.

I've also been flying with VATSTAR, and they've helped a ton in getting use to flying on VATSIM as well, and can help anyone out just beginning.

It all has just made this community feel so much bigger, welcoming, and just increased my enjoyment so much.

Philip Dowling

• VATCAN Staff
    • View Profile
    • VATCAN Website
Re: Moncton Compliments from Reddit
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:38:19 PM »
WTG Everyone.

This is fantastic feedback!
Phil Dowling  (813710)
VATCAN Division Director

p.dowling@vatcan.ca
vatcan.ca

Mark Walsh

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Moncton Compliments from Reddit
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 07:37:21 AM »
Thank You Jay for finding this and putting this on here!