Which would you like to see next?

The ALIAS Maker Project [No longer working]

Jack Koskie

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
The ALIAS Maker Project [No longer working]
« on: August 26, 2020, 03:53:28 PM »
IMPORTANT INFO
1. Sadly :(, the alias maker no longer works.
2. Because I mainly made this for my self and only published it for s**ts and giggles I'm not going to fix it.

Hello everyone!

Personaly I like to use alias files to make my life easyier when dealing with text only pilots. But when I change to a new airport or area. Im having to make a new alias file each time. To fix this, a while back I made a small batch file that would, after asking a few questions, make me an alias file for any airport in Canada. I then got the bright idea of posting it here for you all to use aswell.

It will work for any tower possition ONLY IN CANADA! In the future, I plan to make more batch files for other possitions aswell and eventualy combine them into one file.

You can download the file on my GitHub here.

Hope you enjoy! :)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 07:36:48 PM by Jack Koskie »
Jack Koskie
Events/Communications Coordinator
Moncton/Gander FIR
events@czqm.ca

Yanick Coulombe

• CZUL Staff
    • View Profile
    • FIR de Montréal
Re: ALIAS file maker for tower.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 10:57:02 AM »
This is a nice script, but I think you are overthinking some stuff.

The 2 main variable used are %icao% and %name%.

Firstly, %icao% is already available through Euroscope's $dep or $arr var.

Secondly, %name% is used to say the controller's name before addressing the pilot. The problem is Euroscope already adds your own callsign and the pilot's callsign automatically. Your transmission will look something like "CYHZ_TWR, C-FABC, Halifax Tower, [message]".

This is how we built our alias file and I think it works for any airports just well.
https://github.com/rt-2/CZUL-Scope-Files/blob/master/CANscope/CZUL/CZUL Aliases.txt

I'm not saying you didn't do a good job, that's definitely some fine batch script right there.
Yanick Coulombe (965064)
Chief - FIR de Montréal
y.coulombe@vatcan.ca
fly.czulfir.com

Jack Koskie

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
Re: ALIAS file maker for tower.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »
This is a nice script, but I think you are overthinking some stuff.

The 2 main variable used are %icao% and %name%.

Firstly, %icao% is already available through Euroscope's $dep or $arr var.

Secondly, %name% is used to say the controller's name before addressing the pilot. The problem is Euroscope already adds your own callsign and the pilot's callsign automatically. Your transmission will look something like "CYHZ_TWR, C-FABC, Halifax Tower, [message]".

This is how we built our alias file and I think it works for any airports just well.
https://github.com/rt-2/CZUL-Scope-Files/blob/master/CANscope/CZUL/CZUL Aliases.txt

I'm not saying you didn't do a good job, that's definitely some fine batch script right there.

Ok, thanks for the great feedback. Ill be sure to make the changes and update the link. Only reason I used the %icao% varriable was to make it so I could have it auto name the file.
Jack Koskie
Events/Communications Coordinator
Moncton/Gander FIR
events@czqm.ca