CTP 2020 Westbound is in the books

Dean Roy

• CZYZ Staff
    • View Profile
CTP 2020 Westbound is in the books
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:54:06 PM »
To all Toronto controllers that helped out today,  Take a bow and then go get a beer folks! You were part of handling the biggest traffic load that Vatsim or we have ever seen. I bet none of you will ever complain about sweatbox loads again. ;)

I don't have plane counts that we actually handled but we handled 4 different KORD overflight routes, 4 YYZ arrival routes, a huge number of planes on the non-event routes, plus all of our normal weekend traffic. All of it was handled smoothly and efficiently for the most part. We had a total of one 15 minute arrival hold that I know of, but that situation got sorted quickly and we cleared out the holding stacks in short order.  All in all I don't think it could have been much smoother.

I have to admit I was worried about this one today guys, but we got the job done close to flawlessly.  You all did ZYZ proud!

Dean

Dean Roy
FIR Chief
Toronto FIR (CZYZ)
torontofir.ca

Sandeep Nathwani

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: CTP 2020 Westbound is in the books
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 11:28:52 AM »
Great work, everyone!

And a big thank you to Dylan and all the FIR Staff for organizing and scheduling the shifts. You guys did an amazing job!

During my shift on GND, I had numerous pilots comment on how much fun the event was, and at the high level of skill and professionalism displayed by our ZYZ controllers.

Makes me proud to not only be a VATCAN member, but a controller in the best FIR. 8)