Squawk codes

Mike Madery

• Members
    • View Profile
Squawk codes
« on: October 24, 2019, 08:10:02 PM »
Hello all
I'm thinking of getting back to controlling after a long time away and will be joining CZQM..my question is do you allow euroscope to propigate squawk codes automatically or do you use a manual squawk code assignment and if done manually what is the code range used..
Thanks
Mike Madery
Vatsim 812489

Jagard Strong

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Squawk codes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 09:40:13 PM »
Hey Mike,

Typically, yes we do allow ES to auto-assign the codes (mostly so we don't get "dupe" squawk codes)

If you are curious about the code range... once you load the QRF file under the "general setup page" they will be listed under there.

Jagard
Moncton FIR
Events Coordinator

Mike Madery

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »
Hey Jagard thanks for the reply..I don't seem to have a QRF file..I am relly new to ES..still trying to learn it!!

Mark Walsh

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 06:30:06 AM »
Hey Jagard thanks for the reply..I don't seem to have a QRF file..I am relly new to ES..still trying to learn it!!

If you come and join us on Monday night(s), teamspeak, we will be happy to step you through it and get you back into the swing. ts.vatcan.ca  Thats the night we get together, control and chat.

Mike Madery

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »
Thanks for the invite Mark look forward to hooking up one of these Mondays..finally figured the codes..opened up the ese file and found the codes..did a test to confirm via the general settings dialog..all is good now!! see you soon..thanks

Mark Walsh

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
Perfect, the guys will get your validation back up to date prior to being able to control or setup an ATIS.