Euroscope scrolling when zooming

Ben Stevenson

• CZYZ Staff
    • View Profile
Euroscope scrolling when zooming
« on: August 16, 2019, 11:46:08 AM »
Wondering if anyone else has this issue or might know/have an idea how to fix it.  So i run Euroscope on two screens, as i'm sure a lot of us do.  The scope that is on my second monitor, doesn't matter if it is my primary connection or connecting through the proxy, if it's on the second monitor, when i use my scroll wheel to zoom out, the viewpoint also shifts left, zooming in is just the opposite, viewpoint shifts right.  It's only on my second monitor, my main monitor everything is fine, zoom goes straight out, and if i move the window from the second monitor to the primary, the zooming is fine. 

Both monitors are at the same resolution, the secondary one is slightly smaller though, 21.5" compared to 24" but i wouldn't think that would make a difference.  Drivers are all up to date, Primary is connected through D-Port, secondary on HDMI.
Ben Stevenson
Chief Instructor
Toronto FIR (CZYZ)
torontofir.ca

Tom Garland

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Euroscope scrolling when zooming
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »
I thought I had something similar but it was just the position of the mouse on the screen when scrolling would change the viewpoint. It might be worth trying putting the mouse to the centre of where you are trying to zoom in and out on your second screen and see if the viewpoint still shifts.
Tom Garland
Oceanic certified
C1 | P1

Ben Stevenson

• CZYZ Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
Thanks Tom but that's not it.  My cursor position on screen doesn't effect it, or at least not very much.  If it's at the top, the viewpoint does track up a bit, and likewise for the bottom tracking down, but still jumps to the left when zooming out and to the right zooming in.
Ben Stevenson
Chief Instructor
Toronto FIR (CZYZ)
torontofir.ca

Kolby Dunning

• CZWG Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:19:29 PM »
I have the same thing happening, it's not just you.

Ben Stevenson

• CZYZ Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 12:04:19 AM »
Kolby, i got the fix.  Someone on the VATSIM foums suugested go to other set > general settings > display options > zoom center under the cursor.  Uncheck that option, it worked.
Ben Stevenson
Chief Instructor
Toronto FIR (CZYZ)
torontofir.ca