Alias files error

Mungo Spencer

• Members
    • View Profile
Alias files error
« on: August 26, 2018, 04:33:12 AM »
Hi all,

Sorry for the rather random post but I was just wondering if anyone may be able to help me in my predicament. I'm just starting to get back into controlling again after having taken a break for a few months.

I've come back and have been having one rather annoying issue with euroscope and it's that when I launch a CZYZ asr file I get an Error which says 'Alias file open error'. I'm not quite sure why this is happening and I've never had this issue before.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mungo.

Mark Walsh

• CZQM Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Alias files error
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 06:14:09 AM »
Hi all,

Sorry for the rather random post but I was just wondering if anyone may be able to help me in my predicament. I'm just starting to get back into controlling again after having taken a break for a few months.

I've come back and have been having one rather annoying issue with euroscope and it's that when I launch a CZYZ asr file I get an Error which says 'Alias file open error'. I'm not quite sure why this is happening and I've never had this issue before.

Mungo.

The alias file is just a text file that is usually in the same area for your folder.  Look for something like alias.txt. 

If you don’t have one, you can edit your .asr with a text editor and remove the alias reference in there, or create your own alias file.  How to create one is in the Euroscope wiki online. 

I.e
.welcome Welcome to Toronto

You can open the alias file under one of the menu headings in Euroscope itself.  Save your asr file after. 

Mark

Philip Dowling

• VATCAN Staff
    • View Profile
    • CZYZ Website
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 01:52:31 PM »
Hey Mungo

So as Mark has indicated below.  You should find the alias.txt in the <username>\Documents\Euroscope\Canscope\CZYZ folder.

In Euroscope.  If you go to (on the top menu bar) Open SCT.  Then "Load Alias".  Point at the alias.txt file and this should load it.

Once you close Euroscope.  It should remember where it is and load it for future sessions.

Let us know if that works for you.

Phil

Hi all,

Mungo.
Phil Dowling  (813710)
Chief Instructor 
Toronto  FIR  (CZYZ) 
czyz.ca

Mungo Spencer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:00 AM »
Ah this worked, thank you so much Phil! Really appreciate it.

Hey Mungo

So as Mark has indicated below.  You should find the alias.txt in the <username>\Documents\Euroscope\Canscope\CZYZ folder.

In Euroscope.  If you go to (on the top menu bar) Open SCT.  Then "Load Alias".  Point at the alias.txt file and this should load it.

Once you close Euroscope.  It should remember where it is and load it for future sessions.

Phil

Hi all,

Mungo.

Philip Dowling

• VATCAN Staff
    • View Profile
    • CZYZ Website
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 06:05:36 PM »
Nps Mungo,

Glad you are up and running!

Ah this worked, thank you so much Phil! Really appreciate it.

Hey Mungo

Phil

Hi all,

Mungo.
Phil Dowling  (813710)
Chief Instructor 
Toronto  FIR  (CZYZ) 
czyz.ca