Allow Me to Introduce Myself... finally.

Graham Curnew

• VATCAN Staff
    • View Profile
Allow Me to Introduce Myself... finally.
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »
This was originally sent to the entire division via email, or so I thought.

Hello,

For those of you who do not know me, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Graham Curnew. I’m a student completing my final year in post-secondary and I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. On June 22nd, I was selected by Nicola Felini, Region Director for North America, to assume the position of VATCAN Division Director.

My role in this position includes providing leadership to the division and its FIR’s, being a link between the "front line" of the network and the VATSIM North America Region, Monitoring, reviewing, and enhancing all existing division programs, including training and membership and regularly reviewing ATC progression while ensuring that upgrade recommendations for qualified candidates are acted on promptly.
I have already started to make some staffing changes in the Division. Nathan Power was selected to become the Director of Oceanic, vacating his previous position of Communications and Events Director of VATCAN to which Aidan Stevens has been selected to fulfill the duties.

It is my goal that we continue to move forward as a Division to grow online presence, student training initiatives and build on relationships with virtual airlines, along with our neighbouring division and ARTCC’s.

I maintain an open-door policy. I am on TeamSpeak often and you can always email me.
I look forward to working with you all to build a better, stronger VATCAN.

Blue Skies,
Graham
Graham Curnew
Senior Controller - CZQM / CZYZ
vatcan.ca